Tourist for the Weekend


Visitors force you to explore your own city in a way we don't do on our own.


My cousin Katie, seen here, and my aunt Colleen came to visit.  Giving me the gift of exploring my city with a newfound appreciation, which we all could use mid February.


Vintage shops became indoor havens on a freezing Brooklyn afternoon.



Sunday was a breath of fresh air with temps reaching into the 30's.  It practically felt like spring.





The Rockefeller Center will always be the landmark of Tina Fey's "30 Rock" for me and not much more.



 I remember my first month in NYC, strolling around one weeknight alone, friendless, coming upon Radio City's bright lights.  It made me thinks yes, this, this is why I'm here.  There's nothing quite like "running into" Radio City Music Hall.


Katie has the best hair color.  Shines brighter than even Radio City.


The beautiful Cathedral of St. Patrick.


The Plaza will forever be the home of Eloise. I warn you, a pencil is the only affordable thing inside her basement shop.  Although it's definitely worth a look.


Carriages lining Central Park.


Central Park was looking beautiful on Sunday!


The glamorous Upper East Side


This middle foyer at The Frick can not be done justice by my few photos.  It is stunning.


It almost made you forget it was freezing outside.


I love these townhouses and dreaming of their inhabitants. 
  

Such a lovely and snowy trip!  Come back soon.


“New York is the most beautiful city in the world? It's not far from it. No urban night is like the night there... Squares after squares of flame, set up and cut into the aether. Here is our poetry, for we have pulled down the stars to our will.” - Ezra Pound

Yes, yes we have.

--Allie



Comments

Popular Posts