Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Nashville ::: Biscuit Love


Over the weekend I drove from Chicago to Nashville with my mom and two cousins to run the Country Music Half Marathon.  The race fell on the same weekend as my boy Steve's birthday, so he met us there and we stayed through yesterday to enjoy all the delicious fried food, rocking music and gallons of beer Nashville has to offer.


We finished!  Go us, that was all we were looking for.


The next day Steve and I waited over an hour in line to get some biscuits at Biscuit Love.


The restaurant just opened this year after three years as a very successful food truck.


All the meat is cut to order.


So. Much.  Prosciutto.



The bloody mary's were just as we like them.  Spicy and huge.


We got cheese grits with tomato gravy, fried eggs and the greatest kale I've ever had.  The other dish they call the "Dirty Princess," hot fried chicken on a biscuit covered in sausage gravy.  It was outrageously good.



I need to go eat something now.

--Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment