Miami Instagrams

 At the end of last week, I made a quick business trip to Miami to do research on an upcoming project.


We stayed at The Freehand Miami, a boutique hostel on the north side of Miami proper.


The pool, which I sadly hardly got to see.


My business casual #ootd walking around the 90 degree + humidity day in South Florida. 


An ocean view to die for. Would love to wake up to this every day.


A few of the Edition Miami pool from above. 


The grounds of hotel were once a much older Miami hotel, which this retro 60's era diving board is evidence of.

The Edition interior is decked out in all white in true Miami form. 


The marble pool table was a definite feature of the lobby.

After The Edition, we stopped by The Standard to check out the Miami edition of the famous hotel chain.


The Standard Miami, in true Standard form, has some really great interior and exterior features which I couldn't help snapping a million pics of.


After walking through the lush courtyard, the pool area opens up and guests are welcomed with a gorgeous setting of the bay-side restaurant, Lido.


Your first view of the pool against the bay has the illusion of an infinite body of water.


Enjoying a drink with this view was A+.

The Standard Miami has piers access at the edge of the restaurant where you can park your boat (which is pretty common in Miami I suppose) and jump out to enjoy the hotel grounds and restaurants.


Love the pops of yellow!


Day #1 dinner outfit.


On day #2 we took a tour of Wynwood (the Bushwick of Miami if you will) and stopped at Coyo Taco for a bite of the most amazing tacos.

My favorite was definitely the Yucatan taco. It's a must if you're in this part of town.


And of course a visit to Wynwood isn't complete with a pit-stop to The Walls.

If I lived in Miami, I could definitely see myself hanging out in Wynwood often. It has become the place for the young crowds to gather with a great energy and mix of bars, restaurants, art and shopping. 

I have long weekend booked to be back in Miami in November, so I'm definitely excited to put my research to good use and actually hang out all all the spots we visited.

-Stephanie

Comments

Popular Posts