Miami ::: El Tucán

For my 26th birthday this year, I wanted to do something different and go away to celebrate on vacation.

I found great prices via Frontier airlines, and so round trip tickets to Miami it was!



We stayed at the new Commune Hotel, The Hall on Collins.

The hotel was in the perfect location.

One block from the beach, one block from the Ocean Drive strip, one block from Española Way and about 2 blocks from Lincoln Mall Road.


The design touches within the sheets and keycards really caught my eye.

That beach bod?! Those Palm Trees?!


After settling in, we decided to grab lunch at the hotel's restaurant Sunny's.

Their eclectic menu hit all the right taste buds including fried avocado tacos, poke bowls and lobster rolls.


Sunny's also offers a full juice bar with hydrating and age rejuvenating mixes. 

You could also add a shot of alcohol for a few extra bucks, which is the way we hydrate on vacation ;)

After lunch, we went straight to the beach, my favorite place in the world.


I always think to myself, why don't I live in warm weather with a beach all year round? I feel so at peace when I'm near the ocean.


Special shout out to this guy for accompanying me to Este's Birthday Weekend, my Latina alter-ego.



That time of day.


After the beach, we went back to the hotel to nap and get ready for a fun night out on the town.

Robes! I loooooove robes. Seriously, I could live in a robe all day long. 

I've had the same one since college (bright blue with stars) and I think I may need an upgrade.


Pulled out this Loft dress for the Cuban Supper Club we had reservations to in Brickell. 


El Tucán opened up earlier this year and features an amazing pre-fix menu, perfectly crafted cocktails and a full cuban band performance. 


Latin Music reminds me of growing up, when my mom and dad use to do things around the house on the weekends and blast Celia Cruz and Gloria Estefan.


The food and the entertainment was out of this world. I highly recommend El Tucán if you're in the Miami area and want an authentic and unforgettable experience. 

-Stephanie



Comments

Popular Posts