Miami : Saturday & Sunday

The weekend in Miami was spent bouncing around from the pool to the beach - to restaurants to bars and museums in between.



The pool set up at The Hall was so Miami it hurt.

Those turquoise cabanas and pink lounge chairs! Not to mention the olympic size pool.


I got this one piece on Asos back when I booked the trip in September.

It matches my Quay sunnies almost too well.



View from the balcony overlooking the pool.


This flamingo quickly became my friend.

One of the best parts about Miami is the Art Deco architecture and the neon signage did not disappoint no matter which direction we walked.


The Colony.



The Dream Hotel's backyard on Collins Ave.


I loved how the neon green made the palm trees almost look cartoonish.

On the north end of the Ocean Drive strip is Versace's mansion. 


Versace, Versace, Versace.


The mansion has since been bought and is open to the public to stay or eat at a fancy price.


Another day, another pool day.


Our days usually consisted of waking up, going to the beach or pool, grabbing lunch and coming back near sunset for a nap and shower before dinner and going back out on the town.


Habana 1957. 

Yummy Cuban food.


On Saturday night my best friend who has lived in Florida since College came out for the night to celebrate my birthday. 

We ended up getting dinner in Wynwood at the Wynwood Diner and then grabbing drinks at The Wood Tavern.

The Wood has a enormous backyard and is definitely a local spot that is surrounded by awesome graffiti walls.



After going out, we came back to the hotel for a night swim.


Seriously, I need to find some neon for my apartment.  Can't get enough of it as corny as it looks I think it's fantastic. 


Great weekend in Miami to pre-game the birthday on Monday.

-Stephanie




Comments

Popular Posts